This may be your first visit to the Ritche Bridal Buzz blog because your “Mr-to-be” recently popped the question and the excitement is intolerable! Even if so, always wanting to deliver the information you seek, we thought ‘what better a posting for the newly engaged than a checklist’?
Below is an overview of the most common areas of necessity, helping to arrange and organize your big day! The biggest rule of thumb when going through each item is that any can be omitted at your own preference and always feel free to ask close family to help tick off items, give opinions or offer support! While it is understood that every detail must be perfect, just remember that you found that perfect partner, so everything else will fall into place.
- Read a few magazines and determine your budget
- Begin planning for 10-12 months, at minimum
- Select your locations and venue
- Do the wedding planner debate (that every couple does) and decide if extra help is a necessity for your wedding
- Distribute invitations to guests
- Select your MC for the event
- Ensure all budgets, insurance and cancellation items have been signed and consented
- Determine food selection – restaurant? caterer? do it yourself?
- Organize decor
- Select and order flowers
- Determine wedding favors
- Preview, sample and order wedding cake
- Determine bar service/ system
- Book your photographer, videographer and/or photo booth
- Organize entertainment; reception speeches, itinerary etc
- Organize music; live band or dj, etc
- Organize daily transportation for bride and groom with bridal party
- Determine if you will be providing daycare and/or transportation for your guests
Also find a few sample lists from other great specialized blogs offering more suggestions:
Click HERE for Wedding Channel.com’s Perfect Planning Checklist for a detail-by-detail checklist